Millions of people suffer from facial acne in the world. Facial acne might not be considered a major problem initially but with time, it can really degenerate into a serious problem which has the potential to affect one’s life like fearing other people’s opinion on oneself, losing self-confidence and facial acne might also prevent people from having contact with others. If you have acne on your face, you might try to avoid meeting other people as far as possible because it can be embarrassing for you. Having a mild acne will not affect you too much but if it propagates and really become a major problem, it’s time to find a solution because there are several of them. Like many teenagers, I’ve suffered from severe facial acne in the past years and I’ve tried different ways to cure my acne. One of them was using acne cream, acne gel and cleansing lotion but unfortunately my skin was allergic to these products and I stopped using them.
Eventually, I decided to try a natural acne cure method which involves boiling green tea leaves with water and taking the hot tea from it. Then I just put it in a small recipient and let it cool down a bit. Afterwards, I use a small clean towel, wet it in the warm tea and gently tap it on my face mostly where the acne is. Then I repeat again and again for about 10-15 minutes. The purpose of the green tea method is to actually dry the acne naturally and green tea has one of these benefits. When the acne dries, it will go off in the long run little by little. I followed this technique everyday for about 3-4 weeks and with time, I’ve seen my acne starting to disappear. You need to keep at it and don’t get discouraged because you won’t see instant results. If you can do it longer, the better. What I can tell you is that I’ve seen just the positive out of using green tea.
While treating my facial acne with green tea leaves, I also did the following for a healthier lifestyle which can just help in curing your acne. Here are 9 tips:
(1) I drank lots of water everyday because water removes toxins and impurities out of your body which can be responsible for the swelling of acne.
(2) I avoid oily and fatty foods which can cause your acne to degenerate.
(3) I get adequate sunlight because when your skin is exposed to natural sunlight, the healing rays of natural sunlight will dry your acne up.
(4) I have a proper diet which includes lots of fruits and vegetables for a healthy and glowing skin.
(5) I exercise regularly like jogging and do simple exercises.
(6) Whenever I have the opportunity, I go to a beach resort and swim in the sea. Salty water and being exposed to the sun at the same time will just do good to your acne problems but don’t overexpose yourself though.
(7) I get adequate sleep because lack of sleep can contribute to acne and make you more proned to pimples and zits.
(8) I avoid scratching my acne because there will be times when your face might be itchy mostly when the acne is healing up. Also, rubbing your face and the acne is risky because your hands might have dirt which can worsen your acne. Even if there is no dirt, scratching will negatively affect the healing. By doing all this, all your earlier efforts in healing your acne will be in vain. When your face is itchy, this is a sign that your acne is being cured and by resisting the envy to scratch it will cure your acne faster.
(9) I avoid excessive stress because stress is thought to be one of the biggest contributors to the formation of acne. To understand how stress plays a major part in acne development, picture this. Your body reacts to stress by releasing hormones from your adrenal glands. One of these hormones is testosterone and the latter stimulates your pore to produce more oil. To resume, basically stress helps in the formation of acne because it increases your skin oil production and as a result, this makes your pimples pop out. I still remember how I was stressed during an exam in my tertiary education and after the exam was over, my face was a bit oily .
Having severe facial acne can be a frustrating and difficult life experience but if you really want to get rid of it, you need to take action, keep at it and don’t lose hope. The longer you wait, the more time it will take you to cure your acne. The above methods have worked for me and there is no reason why they shouldn’t work for you if you follow it to the letter. Note that these methods don’t only work for facial acne but acne on your body in general. This article is focused on facial acne because that’s usually where most people have acne. Good luck in your acne healing process.
This article can be freely published on a website as long as it’s not modified in any way including the author bylines, plus the hyperlink must be made active just like below.
Jean Lam is the webmaster of Acne Treatment Skin Care featuring articles, resources about acne treatment, acne skin care and more.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jean_Lam