I just bought a white toshiba laptop L700-C06W with Windows 7 family version originally installed. When I went back home, I instantly upgrade it to Win 7 Home Edition. However I only feel that the i3 speed is not as fast as my previous Core. Today I am Off and install window XP system, other drivers can all be changed to the XP version except this ATI graphics driver. I searched the Internet and found that a lot of Friends are bothered by this problem with the machine which still has no fix since installing free driver updater like driver genius or looking for drivers on the official site amd.com still doesn’t work.
I have a XP version driver, when I install, it prompts that the graphics is not compatible, so I changed with the existed driver. Below is how I changed the XP ATI graphics driver step by step.
1. Open the Device Manager
2. There will be a question-marked hardware (graphics) in other devices
3. Double-click to open the detailed information in the property, remember the device ID border
4. Extract the driver files to the C drive, locate the file, open and search with the ATI graphics card model
5. Modified the last segment.
6. Save and close the file
7. Open the ATI graphic driver SETUP.EXE and restart after installation.
8. If still no work, manually update it: re-open the Device Manager, double-click the question hardware (graphics card)
9. Select the driver, click on the “Update Drivers “, Choose “install from a list or specific location (Advanced)” and choose “Do not search to allow self selection and installation of the driver”. Then select “Install from the disc “
10. Double click “view” and select file
Click next step to restart the computer after driver updating ( just continue the installation if there are prompts in installing).