Removable dentures (colloquially referred to as ‘false teeth’) have long been the solution for patients presenting with multiple missing teeth in Arizona, which is generally a result of decay and periodontal (gum) disease. We rely upon our teeth for essential functions such as eating and articulation in speech, even though we might not be very conscious about the latter. But our teeth are also what make our smile beautiful, supporting our lower facial structure and helping us to retain our natural youthful appearance. Tooth loss and edentulism are just a few of the symptoms of periodontal disease; an affliction characterized by an acute and chronic bacterial infection of the gums and bone surrounding the teeth. Bad breath, bone loss, tooth discoloration and oral lesions in the gums also cause endless problems for those who suffer from it. The statistics of missing teeth in Arizona are dire. Approximately 30% of adults above the age of 65 are completely edentulous while the majority of those between the ages of 35 and 44 have lost between 11 and 15 of their permanent adult teeth. While you could always choose to embrace your edentulism (and there are many that do), for most people, this is not a viable solution to be considered. What is viable, are dental implants in Chandler.
Dental Implants in Chandler: Past and Present Solutions to Missing Teeth in Arizona
With so many people facing an uncertain future in terms of their oral health, functionality and aesthetics, it helps to know there is a solution for missing teeth in Arizona that allows them to enjoy a much higher quality of life: dental implants in Chandler. Unfortunately, removable dentures have long been prescribed by dentists to the edentulous to help them cope with eating, speaking and socializing, even without a single original adult tooth left in their mouth. However, these prosthetic devices, unlike dental implants in Chandler come with a whole slew of challenges and problems:
- Unlike dental implants in Chandler, dentures aren’t fixed in the mouth, so they shift around and can even fall out at the most inopportune moment, usually leading to a person losing self-confidence and sometimes to acute social embarrassment.
- Unlike dental implants in Chandler, they harbor food and bacteria causing bad breath.
- Unlike dental implants in Chandler, dentures rely on the gums and surrounding teeth (if any) for support causing tooth damage, sore and inflamed gums, and bone loss due to constant pressure on the toothless ridges.
- Unlike dental implants in Chandler, dentures incur the repeated need for products, such as anesthetic gels and adhesives (which are messy) and this all adds up in the long run!
- Unlike dental implants in Chandler, removable dentures require removal after eating for cleaning and at nighttime, which can prove to be embarrassing and inconvenient, especially when dining out.
- Unlike dental implants in Chandler, dentures can never fit perfectly. No matter how skilled the craftsmanship that goes into the fabrication of the prosthesis, it will never perfectly mold to the natural contours of the mouth. In fact, its fit will only worsen with time due to unimpeded bone loss in the jaw. As a result, dentures often distort the smile by stretching the lips.
Dental Implants in Chandler: Modern Day Solutions to Missing Teeth in Arizona
So, if removable dentures have so many challenges associated with them, then what better alternative is there? Thankfully, modern advanced oral surgery techniques have kept up with the demand for more sophisticated and comprehensive solutions to missing teeth in Arizona. ‘All-on-Four’ dental implants in Chandler are a perfect example of innovative, evidence-based dental science. All-on-4 dental implants in Chandler enable qualified and experienced implant dentists to place a fixed and non-removable prosthetic dental bridge that looks, feels and functions exactly like a mouth full of natural, healthy teeth. In other words, All-on-4 dental implants in Chandler allows patients with a mouthful of non-restorable/non-fixable teeth that are either decayed or have periodontal disease to leave the dental clinic the very same day with a new set of permanent teeth that are supported by four implants in the upper jaw and four implants in the lower jaw! Thanks to the incredible technology that is dental implants in Chandler, removable dentures and all their challenges and repeated costs are a thing of the past!