Online Marketing also referred to as Internet or Digital Marketing, in a broader sense is promoting your good or service using the internet technology and wireless form of media. It comprises of both the technical as well as innovative aspects of marketing. This includes well thought web 2.0 strategies and their implementation using techniques such as proper designing of website, development, search engine optimization, social media optimization, advertisements, etc. When it comes to online marketing strategy, there are a basic set of etiquettes and do’s and don’ts. Though some of them may not be as considerable as others, but ignoring them could be risky for your online campaign. Below listed are few of them:
- Research: Targets and expectations of the client should be laid down and accordingly should be used to plan the online marketing strategy of the campaign. A detailed research is required to be done for the keywords, the competitors, and online presence of both the campaign as well as the competitors. Upon competitive analysis, one needs to plan out the online strategy and choosing the relevant platforms. One cannot deny the inevitable nature of proper research and strategy framing.
- Do not send unsolicited messages or post across too many self-centered communication: The best shortcut that slams your online strategy and ensures that your campaign sees its death even before it starts is allowing posts that are shamefully self-centered and self-promoting. This is shameful to the extent that your target audience becomes itchy to do business with you.
- Do not sound too anxious or pleading of your product: It is a common sense but most people fail to execute it when it comes to their own online campaigns. Do not request people to come to your website, rather make your website and product so impressive and compelling that the consumer cannot resist himself from visiting the website or buying your product or service. Always ask yourself if with this kind of promotion would you yours lf have bought the product if it weren’t your own product. And you have the answer if you are on the right track of promoting.
- How is it useful to the customer: When initiating any of the online marketing campaigns, ensure that you provide solution to the customer for their problem. You must tell them how your product will benefit them. The more your marketing is attractive and reaches to your potential customer, the more excuses they have to become your customer, meaning more business to you.
- Making the “Placing an Order” as simple to complete: Many a times customers find the product attractive enough to buy, but then in the mid of the process abandon placing the order due to the complex and tedious sales process. I m sure you do not want to encounter such an experience. Ensure that you have the simplest of procedure so that the customer can place an order.
- Follow up: Once the customer buys your product and you capitalize the profits, ensure that you’re in regular communication with your customer. Follow up. Keep your product and organization fresh in their minds.
Adhere to these simple principles and see your online strategy work like never before.