Summer is a busy time for road construction, but no matter how annoying or inconvenient construction may be; we need to remember several things in order to safely travel through work zones. Work zones can be especially stressful and dangerous to navigate because of construction vehicles, workers on the highway, narrow lanes, barrels, flags, or cones. What’s more, work zones can be especially expensive to drivers, as speeding tickets and criminal punishments are doubled in these areas. Consequently, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation recommends that all Wisconsin drivers follow several tips—no matter how obvious they may seem—when driving in a work zone.
1. Slow Down : The faster you go, the longer it takes to stop, so observe the speed limit and slow down.
2. Do Not Fool Around : Pay attention to your surroundings. Be sure to eliminate distractions like eating, drinking, talking or texting on the phone, or using devices such as the radio or GPS.
3. Expect The Unexpected : Speed limits may be dramatically reduced, traffic lanes might be changed, and people and vehicles may be working on or near the road.
4. Give Yourself Room : Rear end collisions are the most common work zone crashes so be sure to give yourself plenty of room to stop.5
5. Be Patient And Follow The Law : If you do not see workers on the road, that does not mean they are not there. Observe work zone speed limits until you see a sign that indicates you have left the work zone.
6. Plan Ahead : Give yourself a little more time and leave early. On the other hand, you could plan an alternative route to avoid the work zone altogether.
The latest road conditions and work zone news can be found at http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/driving-cond.htm.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to the negligence or fault of another person, call Gruber Law Offices, LLC today for your free consultation. There is no fee unless we win and we can meet you at a place that is convenient for you such as your place of work, hospital, home, or our conveniently located downtown Milwaukee office.
Speak with one of our lawyers right now by calling 414-276-6666 for a free initial consultation. “ONE CALL… THAT’S ALL!”
If you have been hurt in an accident, make sure you have someone on your side that will protect your rights. Gruber Law Offices, LLC takes great pride in providing clients with experienced and aggressive representation in Work Injury Attorney Milwaukee and Work Injury Lawyer Milwaukee.