Drug testing is a systematic scientific procedure for detection of the absence or presence of illegal drug content in the human body. It is a useful service for society, in order to keep it safe and secure. There are multiple aspects of drug testing that one must go through in order to understand it completely. It is basically for the general safety of people and it helps them understand that an addiction can often lead them towards death. This service is used in multiple sectors ensuring that there are no people abusing drugs that can interfere with their own safety or the safety of others. However, drug addicted people are investing in new ways to inject or consume drugs without leaving any trace of them. Therefore, scientists are developing multiple methods of drug testing to ensure the accuracy of the result.
There are many areas where drug testing is used to ensure safety. There are variable conditions when an individual may have to go through the drug testing process:
- School children – It’s alarming but true, children are abusing drugs at younger and younger ages. Therefore, many school administrators conduct drug testing to check that their children and students are safe. In addition t schools, some parents also use this service to ensure that their kids are safe from this addiction.
- Employment screening - This is the most important sector of drug testing. Most organizations adopt this service to ensure that their business is free from drug and alcohol abuse. In order to be accepted for a job, people must go through the drug testing process and pass the test without issue. This is called pre-employment drug testing.
- Law enforcement – There are several conditions wherein the court orders a person to go through the testing procedures. Moreover, in some cases police or other respective authorities conduct the tests.
- Athletics – This drug screening is the most common procedure that every national or international athlete must go through. It is an invaluable tool that helps determine substance abuse. No athlete can move forward in their sport without passing this test.
There are multiple substantiated methods that are used by the experts to detect drug content in the human body. However, each method has its own advantages.
Hair testing: In recent times, this method of specimen collection has been gaining popularity in due to its highly accurate results and long detection window. Typically hair drug testing can detect most drug use as far back as 3 months.
Urine testing: This is the best method when compared to blood testing, but this method does not produce the history of drug abuse like the hair testing. With urine testing, typically drug abuse is only detectable if the use was recent (approximately a week). However, in order to test the current status of the drug content, this is the best and most convenient method of conducting drug screening.
Blood testing: This method is the least accurate and least ordered way to collect specimens for drug testing. Most technicians only use this method to monitor drug use in the last few hours. However, it does have some benefits as it provides a short-term history of drug abuse, but accuracy of the result deteriorates.
All of these are specific significant methods of drug screening used by technicians to detect drug abuse. There are many labs available that offer drug testing services to the public at nominal rates. You can easily compare and identify the best lab in terms of your expected service. Usually, you would be expecting a lab incorporated with:
- Instant delivery of reports
- Personalized service
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Nominal rate of the service
- Assurance of accurate results
- Hassle-free process of appointment
- The option of Anonymous testing
These are the most commonly expected services from drug testing service providers.