Deleting the unwanted file is extremely easy. You just need to click it and press delete and the file is removed. However, sometimes this doesn’t always work. Have you ever been unable to delete a file in Windows as its corrupted or being used by other programs? If so, you can download Unlocker program to fix your problem.
It is a completely free utility that enables you to delete “undeletable” files and folders. It lets you delete files locked by a process or used by an application that did not close correctly. It also enables you to delete an unnamed folder from the list of open processes and files that it generates. Use the folder properties to identify the folder to delete.
This program is easy to use. To delete the undeletable files, all you need to do is to right-click the folder or file and select Unlocker. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of lockers will appear. Simply click Unlock All. Extremely easy!
When you need Unlocker?
When you come across the following Windows error messages, it is the solution for you.
- * Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program.
- * Cannot delete file: Access is denied.
- * There has been a sharing violation.
- * The source or destination file may be in use.
- * The file is in use by another program or user.
- * Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
How to delete undeletable files with it?
There’re many reasons why your files cannot deleted. Following is a simple guide on how to delete the corrupted files with Unlcoker.
- Step 1. Download Unlocker program from the best software free download website – bestdownloadreviews.com.
- Step 2. Install this program in your computer and then launch it.
- Step 3. Find the corrupt file you want to remove and right-click it.
- Step 4. Select Unlocker on the coming up pull-down menu. A new window will appear, displaying all the locks placed on the file that are keeping it from being opened and removed.
- Step 5. Select “Unlock All” and then click “Quit.” The locks will now be removed from the corrupt file. Select it and hit the “Delete” key. A window will ask if you’re sure you want to remove the file. Click “Yes” and the corrupted file will be removed from the computer. This program isn’t large, so you can enjoy a quick Unlocker download.
Using the Windows Recovery Console is another great way to delete some undeletable files. To do this, just stick your Windows CD in your CD tray, boot from it, and at the “Welcome to Setup” screen, press “R”. After the recovery console has started, go to the location of your locked file, and delete it. You can also access the safe mode to delete some stubborn files.
For more freeware anf shareware download, you can refer to this free software download website.