A cosmetic surgeon is a person who is responsible for changing your look forever. Therefore, you must take care on deciding who you choose to be that person. To that end, here’s my definitive list to look on when you walk into the office of a Plastic Surgeon:
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon: The cosmetic surgeon you choose should meet the standards for certification. Such like standard set by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). This means surgeon has the training and experience you would expect from him/her.
- Member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS): Apart from ABPS certification, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) certifies that its members keep up with continuing education and has information on latest technical advances.
- Be truthful to your surgeon: Let your cosmetic surgeon know you well since he/she is the person who will perform cosmetic surgery on you. Tell your surgeon about your past medical records such as any kind of cosmetic surgery (Facial Surgery, Breast Surgery and Body Surgery) or drinking and eating habits if you have any.
- Choose a specialist: Specialist for facial cosmetic surgery would be a better choice rather than going to a general surgeon.
- Well behaved Staffs: A surgeon who does good work cares about you. This includes hiring good staff that cares about you.
- Respect: The respect you need is a) an appropriate physical examination (no, you don’t need a vaginal examination to have a tummy tuck or breast enlargement), b) time to listen to what you want, c) time to explain the surgery and its risks and d) time reviewing your health.
If your consultation has all six positive signs, chances are you have found a cosmetic surgeon you can trust to do your cosmetic surgery.
For information on Cosmetic Surgery in Georgia, visit www.drelizabethmorgan.com.