Published by Vishalhost
Domain Name Transfer means to transfer domain name from the management from one registrar to another registrar. Registrar is responsible for the management of your domain name.
To Transfer any domain name, of any of the following TLDs (extensions), you would require to first obtain the Domain (Transfer) Secret or Auth.
Explaining Domain (Transfer) Secret or Authorization (Auth) Code
A Domain (Transfer) Secret or Authorization (Auth) Code is a code assigned by the Registrar at the time the domain name was registered. This Domain (Transfer) Secret acts like a password for a domain name, ensuring that only the owner of the domain can Transfer their domain name.
In case of a .NZ domain name, the Registry directly assigns a code known as Unique Domain Authentication ID (UDAI) upon Registration. The Unique Domain Authentication ID (UDAI) is required for authentication during the Transfer of a .NZ domain name from one Registrar to another.
Ideally, your domain name’s Domain (Transfer) Secret or Auth Code should be available within the Control Panel provided by your Registrar. In the event that you are not able to locate your Domain (Transfer) Secret or Auth Code, you need to contact the Support Team of your Current Registrar, to obtain the same.
There are various cases where a domain name may not be transferable to another Registrar. This could happen in the following circumstances:
1. Domain name is less than 60 days old: If the domain name you are trying to Transfer was registered less than 60 days ago, the request will get rejected by the Registry itself.
- Domain name has been Transferred less than 60 days ago: A domain name can not be transferred to another Registrar within 60 days of a previous Transfer.
- Theft Protection / Lock / Suspension has been applied on your domain name: If Theft Protection / Lock / Suspension has been applied on your domain name at the Current Registrar, then a Transfer for that domain name to another Registrar will not be allowed. You will first have to disable Theft Protection / Lock / Suspension for the domain name and then proceed with a Transfer.
- Privacy Protection has been enabled on your domain name: If you have enabled Privacy Protection for your domain name, then you need to disable it, before trying to transfer it.
- Domain name is in the Redemption Grace Period or in the Pending Delete status: If the domain name is in either of these statuses, it can not be transferred.
Apart from that Vishalhost provides some more services like transfer .it domain,transfer a domain,domain transfer,transfer .com domain, transfer of domain,transfer .in domain,domain transfer .com and many more.
- If your domain expired with your old Registrar, and you renewed it with them, then do not Transfer it within 45 days of the previous expiry date since it will not add 1 more year to your domain name, and you will lose out on the Renewal fees paid to the older Registrar.
- ICANN & Registry regulations prohibit the transfer of domain names that have been registered or previously transferred within the last 60 Days. Please wait for 60 days from the date of registration or previous transfer before applying for a transfer of such domain names.
For more information visit http://www.vishalhost.com/domain.php or email firstname.lastname@example.org