Voltage drop occurs in nearly all the electrical installations. Complex calculations must be made in order to balance and check the problem when larger power cables are installed. Here, we will have brief discussion about the LED Strip Voltage Drop.
When Does Voltage Drop Occur In LED Strips?
Voltage drop in LED strips occurs when the LED Strips are placed away from the power source. The main reason for its occurrence is the unavailability of appropriate electric current or power which reaches the LED Strips in order to travel further. This leads to the decline in the voltage. This happens because of drop in voltage to 0.6V every meter and with 24V strips, it is relatively less noticeable.
The Coloured LED Strips:
Voltage drop in single coloured LED Strips is hardly noticeable, specifically in those that are shorter in length. In case sufficient voltage does not pass to the end of strip, the white colour will turn pink. This happens due to the fact that the white colour is formed from colours such as blue, red and green. The red colour needs comparatively less voltage than the colours such as green and blue. While the LED Strips are distant from the power supply, blue and green can’t receive adequate voltage and thus turn weaker.
The Significant Considerations:
- While installing LED Strips, you need to have a thoughtful approach. You must wire the single colour strips directly to the power supply depending on the version of strip.
- Each run has to be powered straightaway from the power supply and can be turned on or off by unplugging it from the mains.
- To ensure the longevity of coloured LED Strips, amplifiers can be fitted at a distance of every 5 or 10 meters.
- Advanced technology controllers should be installed in order to control the power supply.
- Further distances can be covered by using thicker cables.
By installing various controllers and using rather thicker cables LED Strips voltage drop can be checked to a great extent. Besides, ensure that you Buy LED Lights Strips from the genuine dealers only. Conduct a thorough online search in order to Buy LED strips that is made with utmost precision. Once coming across a reliable source, you can buy the desired LED strips in UK.