The extensive industrial development in today’s world has led to an increased demand for several tools and equipments. The steel fittings are one of the most common tools that are used in everyday life. These fittings basically have the technology of mechanical connections and can be reused time and again. The use of stainless steel makes the fittings corrosion resistant and thus compatible for diversified use. The installation of these fittings is very easy as it needs just screwing and assembling them together. When the system needs to be disconnected, these fittings can be easily disassembled.
Some Major Advantages Of Using Stainless Steel Fittings Are Mentioned Below:
- These fittings are corrosion resistant. They are not easily liable to rusting and hence, assure secured connections for use in the long run.
- Shock resistance quality is imparted to these fittings, which adds up to their positive features.
- The stainless steel fittings are fire resistant. This makes them compatible to be used in any industrial environment.
- Resistance to ultraviolet radiations is also provided by the stainless steel fittings. These can therefore be safely used in pipeline channels and for industrial use in chemical factories, nuclear plants, etc.
- For transport of chemicals and oils, pipelines made of stainless steel are widely used and the stainless steel fittings are very crucial part of these pipelines. These fittings thus, play an essential part in the Petrochemical Industry.
Following Are The Major Types Of Stainless Steel Fittings:
- Stainless steel butt-weld fitting
- Stainless steel ferrule fittings
- Stainless steel forged fittings
- Stainless steel pharmaceutical fittings
Along with stainless steel, alloy steel valves are also used for diversified industrial use. These valves are made of a mixture of iron, plastic, stainless steel and bronze. The function, type and design of these valves differ depending on the material used. The body and trim of the valve may be of different materials depending on their respective exposure to the flowing material. The trim part of these valves is more corrosion resistant than the body. The wide range of stainless steel products including the different types of fittings and Stainless Steel Valves make the functioning of various industrial processes quite easy.