Orangery is a type of Conservatory built to add warmth to the extension and works as a relaxing place in chilling winters. Originally they were built to grow citrus fruits in winters but with time they turned into areas to chill and relax in the warmth and cozy temperature.
Now, orangeries can serve many purposes. In this article I will be discussing the top 5 reasons to have an orangery at your home.
1. Heating effect: The main benefit of having an Orangery is the heating effect that it produces. The sunrays entering the orangery are spread into the space to produce maximum light and heat. Orangeries are made up of double glazed glasses that make the heating more effective. In this way, you can relax in the orangery throughout the day in winters without having to spend money on radiators and heaters. This ultimately reduces the money spent on electricity bills, giving you a warm place to relax in chilling winters without having to worry about the heating bills.
2. Additional space: As usual orangeries act as an extension to your existing house. This additional space can be used for many different purposes. The most basic use is as dining or sitting area. If you are fond of some leisure activities such as gardening or reading, then you can use your orangery for dedicated activities. Convert it into a reading room by simply placing some book racks and reading table. The additional space can be used in many different ways depending on the owner’s requirement.
3. Light: As most of the orangery structure is made up of glass, sunrays can penetrate easily and light up the room. This natural light replaces the need of lighting up the space with electric lights thus saving some money on electricity. Moreover, if the orangery is constructed keeping the directions in mind, you can enjoy natural light throughout the day.
4. Increase value: Orangeries are becoming more and more popular nowadays. Their classic structure and elegant look has made them a status symbol. Even home seekers and estate agents give more value to houses having orangeries. Thus by building an orangery you will also increase the real estate value of your home.
5. Vicinity of nature: As discussed above, you can enjoy natural sunlight in an orangery. Apart from this, by planting few plants or shrubs you can enjoy the aroma of being in the vicinity of Mother Nature. Flowers or scented trees will make your orangery even more pleasant to be in.
So I guess you have good enough reasons to have your own orangery in your home. Now if you are ready to build your own orangery, then let me help you a little farther. Visit http://www.orangeryuk.co.uk/orangeries.html today to get the latest designs in Orangeries and bring out the best of your home.
Charles David is a hard working personality and is deeply involved in writing literature. He is working with orangery UK since last 4 years and have been successful in beautifully describing the essence of our business. He is a graduate in English literature and is looking forward to writing novels in future.