We all are heavily dependent on insurance and this is a widely known and accepted fact.Be it for the purpose of security or for safety, we opt for the same for our home, health, auto and many other spheres too. If there is one sector that is booming with plethora of opportunities then it is definitely the insurance sector. And if you are person who has an affinity with numbers and also has wonderful skills with people then it makes all the more sense to kick start your career as a service representative in Insurance or perhaps even as an Underwriter too.
1. Brokers and Agents.These are also known as insurance producers who are very actively involved in selling and servicing a myriad range of insurance products to diverse categories of clients based on their requirement.The insurance brokers and agents can solicit business through the internet or over the telephone.In some cases, the agents and brokers may also have their own offices too if the turnover is very high. As each state has its specific set of licensing requirements it is mandatory that the insurance producers be licensed.
2. Underwriters.The Insurance agents or brokers look into filling and collecting the applications from prospects and then they forward the same in completed form to the Underwriters.It is he who will review the applications and scrutinise them to find out whether the prospect meets the requisite eligibility criteria. He has the authority to approve or disapprove the application or also may guide the agent to get the lacking information. They have the right to cancel a particular policy if they feel that the claims are excessive.
3. Actuaries. Another job in the insurance sector that is rewarding is the job of Actuaries. Their main job is to determine the premium amounts for the existing insurance policies. They have the ability to analyze the statistics and ascertain the kind of claim the policy holder may receive.These people are also aware of the cash reserves of the insurance company and hence are in a position to assess if they have adequate cash to pay out for future claims.
4. Claims Adjuster. The Insurance sector is huge. And likewise the options to find jobs in the sector are also varied.The job of a Claims Adjuster involves assessing the claims and deciding upon the appropriate amount that has to be paid out as a claim. The job of a Claims adjuster involves travelling as they need to pay visits to the client or the policy holder’s residence.
5. Service Representatives. Service representatives are those professionals who will answer or clarify all the doubts that you have regarding the insurance policy when you call up the company headquarters. They are in a position to answer questions related to billing, enforce changes that need to be made in the policy, for instance changing the address or any other stuff like this. However, the service representative should have a license that is issued by the state.
All the above mentioned jobs fetch a very decent income and the beginning one could expect is £15,000 and above based on the experience the individual has garnered in the field. IPS Group is an online specialist for Insurance jobs that offers careers in broking, underwriting, claims handling and loss adjusting.
The Author is a professional writer; he enjoys talking about Insurance Jobs related topics. He has applied his knowledge and understanding to a wide variety of Types of Jobs In Insurance.