Characteristics of POTASH
1) The potash-forming ages in China are mainly Quaternary, Cretaceous and Triassic. The representative deposits are clastic rock series type potash deposits and saline lake type potash deposits, e.g. the Mengyejing potash deposit in Yunnan and the Qarhan Playa in Qinghai.
2) Liquid resources are dominant. The potash reserves abroad are mainly represented by those of ancient solid bedded potash deposits, which account for the greater majority of the total reserves; whereas potash reserves in China mainly come from liquid brine deposits.
3) The ores are low-grade. The bedded solid potash beds in modern saline lakes consist commonly of lean ores, and 96% of the ores are out-of-balance ores with a KCl content of only 2 to 6%. The average KCl content of the ancient bedded potash deposits is 8.81%. The ore grade of bedded solid potash deposits abroad is generally 15 to 35% K2O.Henan Hongxing Mining Machinery Co., Ltd is the professional manufacturer of complete sets of mining machinery, for example,sand washer,ore processing plant Welcome all of you to visit our official website:http://www.hxjqchina.com/company.htmlvibrating screen:http://www.hx-crushers.com/p18.html
4) There are many associated components. Brines from salt lakes and underground brines also contain large amounts of magnesium, sodium, boron, lithium, bromine, iodine, rubidium and cesium besides potassium. They have very high value for total use.
5) The potash salts are shallow-buried. Saline lake resources are exposed on the surface, and bedded solid potash salts are generally buried at depths of 25 to 700 m. They are easy to mine.
6) The dressing possibility is poor. The potash salts in the Mengyejing potash deposit, Yunnan, contain appreciable quantities of insoluble substances in silty water and are low-grade. They are difficult to dress. Carnallite can only be concentrated by floatation after solar evaporation of the saline lake brines. This operation increases the investment of the salt field.