One of the reasons someone may require the use of a wig or hairpiece is the medical condition known as Alopecia. Alopecia is the general term used for hair loss. The hair loss may appear as a small bald patch on the head or the loss of all the hair, even throughout the entire body. This can be very distressing for the individual and as the head is what is seen most by people, it may be that they want a wig to cover up the effects of Alopecia. A wig may promote confidence and help the sufferer to deal with having the condition.
Human Hair Wigs Advantages
- They look very natural and are ideal for everyday use when you want the hair to look as natural as possible as to not draw attention to the wig
- They can be styled however way you like and by using heated styling appliances
- They can be used for up to one year on average, which is a good life span for a wig used everyday
Human Hair Wigs Disadvantages
- They are more expensive than synthetic hair and can vary in prices depending on the brand
- They can be more difficult to style and getting the hang of styling the wig at first can be quite tricky
- They lose colour more quickly and darker colours can turn slightly reddish
Synthetic Hair Wigs Advantages
- They are already styled for you so there is no need for self-styling as they are pre-styled and so keep their shape after washing which can be highly convenient for when you are in a rush
- They are less expensive than human hair wigs, quite considerably so in some brands and styles, which is a good considering they need to be changed more frequently
- They are colour-fast so will not fade in the sun, unlike human hair wigs where the colour does fade
Synthetic Hair Wigs Disadvantages
- They cannot be exposed to heat as it damages the fibres this means they cannot be placed on or near a radiator to dry and heated styling irons cannot be used on the hair
- The colour of the hair is permanent and therefore cannot be changed or dyed a new wig would need to be purchased if a colour changed was required.
- The hair doesnt last as long as human hair and needs to be changed more regularly depending on how much it is used. The hair can start to frizz on longer styles and cannot be restyled once this happens.
For more information on wigs and hairpieces visit www.wigs4.u.co.uk.
Go to www.wigs4u.co.uk for excellent help and advice for all your queries regarding Human Hair Wigs and Hair Pieces. You may not know which wig shape and style to suit your face shape and colouring. Wigs4u offer plenty advice and guidance to help you decide on the best wig for you. Wigs now come in extensive range of styles to suit your requirements and meet your budget.