Writing skills are necessary for self-utterance (communication), passing exams (students), and work progress (professionals).
It is evident that journal writing is a good practice to be honest on something about oneself as in a diary or a personal notebook.
Something About Myself:
I thank GOD for this gift of words.
Writing is pleasant but is it never easy; nothing though is easy. When I couldn’t write I feel very messy and angry. I feel incomplete and crushed.
Truly, I write anything: letters, quotes, easy poems, ordinary stories – real and unreal. I tell you a lot in words. Those that mute me and those I find divulging. But then, the spaces between what I tell you are the more important deals.
I write anything. From letters to articles, essays, short stories, and poems. I write press release, blogs, lesson plans, drafts; my life is writing.
From being a housekeeper, I tried to find myself and free myself going back to my writing dreams. I found a way to study journalism at home taking care of my kids, and went on a scholarship for a masteral course in writing. I finished the subjects, but not the thesis.
All these didn’t stop me to write. Instead – my life comes to be, as my practical exams in writing.
Writers, generally, have big hearts; but they are often mad. I am often mad, that is why I am able to write. Well, it doesn’t matter if readers would like my stuff; what matters is I will share something, and in one million readers, at least – a soul would find me. And another, and another – until I spread the light of the work (written words).
Something About Yourself:
1. What do I take with me when I travel?
2. What are the stuff I couldn’t discard?
3. Or fill in the parenthesis: I am so confused, I could (verb) the (noun) and (verb) the (noun) and not think twice about (participle-ing verbs, e.g. leaning) the (noun).
4. Try writing short notes to friends, relatives, or anyone for instruction like a heart-warming text message, a thought to ponder on, a note to inspire or update.
Examples: I miss you.
I’m sorry about last night.
Please get some milk for breakfast.
Can we eat out on Saturday night?
5. What would you do if you only had one month to live?